iPod Touch 5th generation
iPod Touch 4th generation
iPod Touch 3rd generation
iPod Touch 2nd generation
iPod Touch original
iPad 4th generation
iPad 3rd generation
- Trip Boss travel manager:
- Expense & Budget
- Expense, Budget, & Itinerary
- Date Wheel
- Recipe Manager with Serving Sizer for iPad
- Serving Sizer Pro recipe converter and cookbook
- Serving Sizer recipe converter
- Tip Boss tip calculator
(devices using Palm OS)
Palm (all models except OS v. 1.0
and those running WM OS)
Palm Treo 755p
Palm Treo 680
Palm Treo 700p
Palm Treo 650
Palm Treo 600
Palm Tungsten E2
Palm Tungsten E
Palm Tungsten T5
palmOne Tungsten E
PalmOne Tungsten T5
palmOne Tungsten T3
palmOne Tungsten T2
palmOne Zire (all models)
Palm III (all models/versions)
**note: This list may
include all known manufacturers nor devices that use the Palm Operating
System. If your device uses the Palm OS 2.0
higher, then our
software will work for your
device (with the exception of Trip Boss2.0 which supports Palm OS 3.0
Palm OS 2.0x (except Trip Boss)
Palm OS 3.0x
Palm OS 4.0x
OS 5.0x (Garnet)
Palm OS Cobalt
Supported on the Palm Pre
MotionApps. Classic is the Palm OS emulator for Palm
Trip Boss & Date Wheel are Classic Certified
Please visit the Classic website to
purchase the emulator.
Tutorials and Manuals
Mobile Travel Aide aka mtrvl.com
LLC is a developer of mobile applications:
iPhone /iPod touch applications are available
Store. Our web-applications
used in most web-browsers. Our Palm OS
can be used on any
Digital Assistant handheld using Palm OS 2.0 or higher. (Trip Boss
3.0 is the only exception--it
can be used on any device using 3.0 and higher.) Our Palm
OS programs are supported on the
Palm Pre in the emulator, Classic
by Motion Apps. Trip Boss and Date Wheel are Classic
- Native applications for
iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and Palm OS smartphones and PDA's.
iPhone, desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Palm OS applications run on the Palm Pre via Classic
by Motion Apps, the PalmOS emulator for WebOS.
Creative Algorithms also is available for custom development work,
graphics and UI design, and website design. Please contact us for a quotation.
Creative Algorithms is based in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Please contact us for further information about
our products or our company.
of fresh air in their elegant,
intelligent and thoughtful design"
Handheld Computing magazine, by Harv Laser,
-- Functional, elegant, simple"
March 2006 "In this age of slow-to
learn, hard-to-use software that looks more like puffed up desktop apps
crammed into a handheld, Creative Algorithms...makes a collection of
PalmOS programs that's functional, elegant, and simple. CA makes
it software easy, fast, logical, and obvious, and builds it for a small
screen....And above all, they do it with a professional, caring
attitude.... (T)hey are a breath of fresh air in their elegant,
intelligent and thoughtful design."
the full review in the March 2006 issue of Handheld
Computing magazine, along with reviews of all Creative Algorithms'
software. Excerpts from the review are also noted on each of our
software description pages.
SOFTWARE DESIGN PHILOSOPHY
software from Creative Algorithms?
We design quality and usability into our programs. Some
points are listed below:
- Where feasible, all older operating systems
- Designed for minimum memory and battery
- Applications sleep when idle to maximize
- Screen data conveniently stored so you can
return to the application
right where you left off.
backed up during the iTunes sync.
- All fields support cut, copy, paste, select
all, and undo operations.
- Virus protection for the product is built-in.
- Conformance to Human Interface Guidelines from
- Large buttons for fingertip operation.
- Interface designed to minimize tapping.
- Dates and times formatted to your system
- Aesthetic, uncluttered screen layout with
adequate white space
for rapid visual inspection of the screen data.
- High-contrast icons and large fonts for better
- Ergonomically designed for easy data entry and
- Buttons for common operations.
- Tabbed forms to simplify interface.
- Changed fields briefly flash to provide visual
cues to changed
- Beeps used as audio cues for invalid or
- Clean, simple, easy to use interfaces.
- Standard menu items and accelerator keys -- no
functionality or non-standard names for operations.
- Clean, elegant code written for clarity and
bugs and eases maintenance.
- Code compiles cleanly with no errors or
warnings on the highest
detection levels. In fact, any error or warning will stop the
build until it is fixed.
- Code reuse provides stability and maturity to
the newest of
- Liberal use of assertion checking within the
code catches bugs
early in testing.
- Adherence to published API's (Application
Interfaces) for best forward compatibility with future operating
- Separate unit test applications are written
and used to expose
more bugs during the development cycle.
- Proper handling of special case floating-point
numbers such as
+/- infinity and NaN (Not a Number).
- Tested for usability and functionality under a
- Tested above and beyond iOS recommended
- Beta testing is also used where applicable,
PRIOR to release of salable product.
- Help provided for all
software titles through links to help pages on our website.
- We believe customer service is just as
important as quality
- We deliver all codes within 1-2 business days
and also respond
to all questions within that time frame.
- We also welcome suggestions, ideas, and bug
always has room for continued improvements.
webmaster/owner of PalmAddict, the
"...(Creative Algorithms) not only offer
outstanding products but they have that caring service too that you do
not see too often in developers today."
Formerly, we wrote and released programs under the name of DeftSoft in the late 1990's.
have used our freeware version of Date Wheel™.
version, released in 2003 as shareware by Creative Algorithms, LLC, was
upgraded with new features and also to work with Palm OS 5
(Garnet). The iPhone version was released in 2009.
Please visit our products
for more details on Date Wheel™.
For more information about us, Palm247, a popular and quality online
news source, conducted an interview with us in
2004. We also did a podcast
interview in 2005. We were featured in Handheld Computing in
2006. Our software, most notably Trip Boss, has received several
awards and nominations. Please
reference each product's page for more
We have a blog, with
more information about
us and interesting mobile business topics.
We strongly recommend that you Try Before You Buy. Since
our Palm OS products are shareware and a 30 day free, fully functional,
is available, returns are usually not accepted on purchased
For refunds on downloaded versions after you have received a
registration key, you must fill out our Software Removal Form.
Please contact us to request this form, then complete the form and mail
it to the address given on the form. For legal reasons, we must receive
a hard copy. As soon as we receive the form we will process the
refund and notify you via email.
If you have purchased an Apple product, select "Report a
Problem" on your iTunes receipt and follow the links to request a
PalmOS and HotSync are registered
trademarks of Palm,
Inc. Palm is a
trademark of Palm, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.
Macintosh and iPhone and iPod and iPad are a registered trademarks of
Computer, Inc. Linux is
a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. All
of their respective owners.
*available only on our website store