iPod Touch 5th generation
iPod Touch 4th generation
iPod Touch 3rd generation
iPod Touch 2nd generation
iPod Touch original
iPad 4th generation
iPad 3rd generation
- Trip Boss travel manager:
- Expense & Budget
- Expense, Budget, & Itinerary
- Date Wheel
- Recipe Manager with Serving Sizer for iPad
- Serving Sizer Pro recipe converter and cookbook
- Serving Sizer recipe converter
- Tip Boss tip calculator
iPhone /iPod touch /iPad /iPad mini applications are available
Store. Our web-application
used in most web-browsers, including mobile browsers,
using our mobile-formatted
version. We got our start with Palm OS
(Palm Pilot PDA, Palm Treo) back in 1999, incorporating
Creative Algorithms in October 2003.
has been developing mobile applications for
over 10 years.
Creative Algorithms also is available for custom
graphics and UI design, and website design. Please contact
us for a quotation.
Creative Algorithms is based in Chicago, Illinois,
USA. Please contact us
for further information about
our products or our company. We also have a blog,
where we share business experiences and other tips.
SOFTWARE DESIGN PHILOSOPHY
software from Creative Algorithms?
We design quality and usability into our programs.
points are listed below:
- Where feasible, all older operating systems
- Designed for minimum memory and battery
- Applications sleep when idle to maximize
- Screen data conveniently stored so you can
return to the application
right where you left off.
up during the iTunes sync and iCloud backup.
- All fields support cut, copy, paste, select
all, and undo operations.
- Virus protection for the product is built-in.
- Conformance to Human Interface Guidelines
- Large buttons for fingertip operation.
- Interface designed to minimize tapping.
- Dates and times formatted to your system
- Aesthetic, uncluttered screen layout with
adequate white space
for rapid visual inspection of the screen data.
- High-contrast icons and large fonts for
- Ergonomically designed for easy data entry
- Buttons for common operations.
- Tabbed forms to simplify interface.
- Changed fields briefly flash to provide
cues to changed
- Beeps used as audio cues for invalid or
- Clean, simple, easy to use interfaces.
- Standard menu items and accelerator keys --
functionality or non-standard names for operations.
- Clean, elegant code written for clarity and
bugs and eases maintenance.
- Code compiles cleanly with no errors or
warnings on the highest
detection levels. In fact, any error or
warning will stop the
build until it is fixed.
- Code reuse provides stability and maturity to
the newest of
- Liberal use of assertion checking within the
code catches bugs
early in testing.
- Adherence to published API's (Application
Interfaces) for best forward compatibility with
- Separate unit test applications are written
and used to expose
more bugs during the development cycle.
- Proper handling of special case
numbers such as
+/- infinity and NaN (Not a Number).
- Tested for usability and functionality under
- Tested above and beyond iOS recommended
- Beta testing is also used where applicable,
PRIOR to release of salable product.
- Help provided for all
software titles through links to help pages on our
- We believe customer service is just as
important as quality
- We respond to every email inquiry. Our goal
is to respond
to all questions within 1-2 business
- We also welcome suggestions, ideas, and bug
always has room for continued improvements.
webmaster/owner of PalmAddict,
"...(Creative Algorithms) not only offer
outstanding products but they have that caring
service too that you do
not see too often in developers today."
fresh air in their elegant,intelligent and
Handheld Computing magazine, by
Functional, elegant, simple"
March 2006 "In
this age of slow-to
learn, hard-to-use software that looks more like
puffed up desktop appscrammed into a handheld,
Creative Algorithms...makes a collection of
PalmOS programs that's functional, elegant, and
simple. CA makes it software easy, fast,
logical, and obvious, and builds it for a small
screen....And above all, they do it with a
professional, caring attitude.... (T)hey
are a breath of fresh air in their elegant,
intelligent and thoughtful design."
readthe full review in the March 2006 issue of
magazine, along with reviews of all
software. Excerpts from the review are
also noted on each of oursoftware description
Formerly, we wrote and released programs under the name of
DeftSoft in the
late 1990's. Our first app, Date Wheel™
was released as freeware
version, released in 2003 as shareware by Creative
Algorithms, LLC, was
upgraded with new features. The web version of Date Wheel
was released in 2008, and the iPhone version in
2009. Trip Boss™
was one of our most popular PalmOS applications, and we've
brought it to the iOS platform, as well as Serving Sizer™. Please visit our products
for more details on all our current applications.
For more past information about us, Palm247, a popular
and quality online
news source, conducted an interview
with us in
2004. We also did a podcast
interview in 2005. We were featured in Handheld
2006. Our software, most notably Trip Boss, has
awards and nominations. Many of our iOS apps have been
awarded Best App Ever awards as well. Please
each product's page for
We have a blog,
more information about
us and interesting mobile business topics.
We recognize that sometimes software is not a perfect
fit, or sometimes descriptions have been
misinterpreted. Rather than have dissatisfied
customers, especially since iOS apps do not offer a Try
Before You Buy option, we are open to refunds. However,
since developers do not handle any customer information,
if you have purchased our app from Apple's AppStore, you
will have to request Apple directly for a refund.
Merely select "Report a
Problem" on your iTunes receipt and follow the links to
refund. In most cases, Apple will honor a refund,
but please understand the process and approval are
completely out of Creative Algorithms' hands.
PalmOS and HotSync are registered
trademarks of Palm,
Inc. Palm is a
trademark of Palm, Inc. Windows is a trademark of
Macintosh and iPhone and iPod and iPad are a
registered trademarks of
Computer, Inc. Linux is
a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
of their respective owners.